Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Protective Styling!



Hey Everyone!

I'm a firm believer in protective styling! I did it last year for 6 months and that's what I'm doing again this year!

I tend to put in braids or twists once fall hits and protective style until it is springtime. So I had braids in my hair in October all the way up until last Thursday when I took them out. I had them in for about two months.

The process of taking them out took me about an hour and a half because I wanted to make sure that my hair was detangled so that I wouldn't get frustrated with my hair later on when it came to washing it



It was nice to see my hair and how it's grown since the last time I saw it. I honestly don't know how much it grew though because I didn't take any before pictures or anything.

I deep conditioned my hair overnight and then the next morning I began to put my hair back into another protective style!

This time I put it in twists - which I honestly prefer better than braids because I feel like my hair texture blends in a lot better than it does with braiding hair.

It took me from 8 am to around 6 pm to complete all of this, with 2 breaks included for eating - because I literally cannot go without eating!!

I plan on keeping these twists in my hair for 2 months, which means I'll take them out sometime in February. Then I'll put in more twists and leave them in for another 2 months.

Then my 6 months of protective styling will be over and I will be able to wear my hair out again!!

Thank You for stopping!! Comments are always appreciated! If you are a natural, are you doing any protective styling for this season? and if you aren't, how are you rocking and styling your hair? Let me know! :)






2 comments:

  1. Hey, I've tried the protective styling but I am addicted to my norm of washing every week or two weeks. I do relax my hair but I have decided to do that less out of the year, so about every 6 months I'll relax. Did you do the twist yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could still do your normal wash routine! but I totally understand where you're coming from. And that's awesome girl about relaxing only once every 6 months :) and yes I did twist it myself!

      Delete