Friday, July 24, 2015

Kansas City Trip!!


Last week my sister and I took a trip to Kansas City and we took this trip by bus! It was my first bus trip and my sister's second bus trip.

It was a great experience to have because you're put into close proximity with people from all walks of life!
The reason why were going to Kansas City was to have like a mini vacation to visit some relatives and also because my sister wanted to visit her friend who lives in a smaller town that is really close to Kansas City.

We stayed with our cousin. People are surprised when we tell them that she's our cousin because she in her 70s but she's totally up to date on things and is so much fun to hang around :)

We did all sorts of activities like bowling (which I received some great bowling tips from another one of my cousins-who is one of my cousin's brothers), shopping, going to church, and visiting relatives.

Kansas City has a vast amount of shopping centers compared to where I'm from so my sister and I were trying to get in as much shopping as we could while we were out here. But I actually didn't spend too much money, which really surprised me!
BAM!- I think it stands for books-a-million - was a pretty cool book store that they have at the legends shopping mall! It was nice to be able to visit a bookstore that wasn't Barnes and Noble (even though I love Barnes and Noble!) for once in a while!

On Sunday after we went to church we went to visit my Auntie who is the mother of the cousin who we were staying with (she's in her 90s!). Every Sunday all of her kids come to her house to have dinner and watch movies.
The cousin that we stayed with is the top middle one with the white top! She's so funny! In fact all of them are really funny!!

She has a total of 8 children, all from the same father too! Seven of them were able to make it because the eldest of her kids doesn't live as close as the rest of them.

Being around my family and seeing all the family portraits my my Aunt's house really made me want to have a big family of my own :) I usually would say to myself the the maximum amount of kids I would allow myself to have is 4, but seeing all of them together gave me a really strong longing for a big family! I guess we'll see what actually happens though! haha!

I'm so happy that I went on this trip because at first I was iffy on if I actually wanted to go or not because I wanted to keep on saving money by working more. But it was such a great experience and I can't wait to go back!

Thank you for stopping by! :D






2 comments:

  1. Your Kansas City trip seems so fun and like just what the soul needed. I've never been to KC before, so this was a cool glimpse into that world. How was the bus ride? I've been debating whether or not I wanna cut costs when I travel in the near future and go by bus vs plane. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was soo much fun! and you should visit KC sometime!! It's not as big as other cities but I think it's a cool place to visit because you can be on the Kansas side of things or you can be on the Missouri side of things - they're just that close! The bus ride went very well! I was very happy to have my sister there with me though haha! She went by herself to KC last year on the bus which was very brave of her! We weren't able to sit next to each other on the way there because it was too crowded on the bus, but on the way back we were able to sit next to each other which was awesome. Taking a bus trip was definitely an eye opener to all the types of people there are out there instead of just being trapped in your own bubble of people and culture. I think it's a great way to travel if you're wanting to save some money and I will most likely try it again! Thanks for stopping by!!!

      Delete