Thursday, March 3, 2016

February Wrap Up | March Goals


Hey Everybody!!

Just coming in for a quick little February wrap up and some goals for March, so let's get right into it!

There were some great, awesome and exciting things that happened during February! One of the most exciting things that happened was for my friend's birthday party! We went to this place called Escape the Room, where you and a group of friends are locked in a room and have a certain amount of time to unlock yourselves from the room. It was so much fun! There were so many locks and hidden keys and things you had to think about. We were sooooo close! We literally had the key but we ran out of time. It was such a great experience and I would definitely do it again with a group of friends :)

Unfortunately I did not do anything to celebrate Black History Month like I was planning to :( There was an event that my school was having called The Ebony Cafe and I was planning on going to that, but I had a basketball game I had to be at for pep band due to the scholarship I'm on. I guess I could still be grateful that I saw clips of what happened on SnapChat so it was nice to see that it had a great turn out of people there. I will definitely try to be there next year if I am able to :)

One thing that I did in honor of Black History Month is, in my literature class we have to choose an author to present about, and I chose Toni Morrison! I am currently reading The Bluest Eye and I have my presentation on March 9th so I really need to get my stuff together! I must say I really should be reading from black authors a lot more than I have been, and I think I will try to make an effort to do so :) More diverse authors in general!

I did clean the computer area in my room that was pretty messy, so that's one thing and probably the only thing off my February Goals list that I did accomplish haha! I still need to take the computer and monitor to Best Buy or something to donate it elsewhere or see what they can do with it because we are definitely not using it anymore because it stopped working on us :( But it's nice to not have it hoarding up space in my room anymore!

Now let's get on to my goals for March!

  • File Your TAXES!!! I really need to stop waiting until the last minute to do so....
  • Get registered to vote!
  • Seriously finish the Book Thief...and start reading another book!
  • Get back to journaling more often
  • Get back to reading blogs more often
  • And seriously get back on your workout game!!!
  • Enjoy Spring Break!
Here's a video to remember that just because February is over doesn't mean that our black history is over!



Thank you for stopping by! Did you do anything special in February? and what are some plans you have for March? Let me know in the comments below!







No comments:

Post a Comment